Hair thinning. It’s a nightmare for many, probably for the primary reason that we’re all preconditioned in our thought processes. We’ve been led to believe, for generations, that hair should be thick, glossy and flowing. At the very minimum, without visible scalp showing through when cropped. But unfortunately, that just isn’t always the case. Which is the reason scalp micropigmentation for density is becoming the go-to as a hair restoration solution.
Diffuse thinning happens the world over and for a multitude of reasons. However, it’s little talked about as it is either deemed as a fact of life, for men, or just a taboo subject for female hair thinning. But what are the statistics on the disorder? And how does SMP for diffuse thinning work?
Fast Facts on Hair Density Issues
- Hair loss and density issues are linked to genetics with the mother bearing the influential DNA in this debilitating disorder
- 25% of men experience hair loss and thinning before the age of 21
- 85% of men have experienced diffuse thinning or baldness by the time they reach 50 years of age
- Nearly half the population of women will have experienced density issues by the time they reach 50 years of age
- Pattern baldness is permanent owing to the follicle shrinking, deeming natural regrowth impossible
- Hair loss is often linked to hormonal issues, such as childbirth, and is a temporary situation yet predicting the timescales of regrowth is extremely difficult
SMP – A Solution for Diffuse Thinning
There are many hair loss solutions out there, from shampoos and foams to the hair transplant, to laser and light therapy to name but a few. However, the problem with all of these treatments is that they are all trying to promote new hair growth. This deems them unreliable and without the guarantee of a success rate.
Scalp micropigmentation in the case of diffuse thinning is different. There are no promises of new hair growth, instead, it works to conceal the devastation that hair loss brings. It works by a technician implanting natural pigments just below the surface of your skin using a machine that’s been fitted with a microneedle. Once healed, the series of tiny dots that have been implanted provide the appearance of imitation hair follicles that sit underneath the hairline giving the impression of density.
The additional advantages of this contemporary treatment are that you are not required to shave your head to receive treatment and it is completely holistic and natural. Treatment is quick and non-invasive and healing times are incredibly short.
If you are experiencing diffuse thinning and are looking to receive scalp micropigmentation for density problems then our clinic is just a quick phone call away. If you’ve additional questions relating to this article then don’t hesitate to get in touch or alternatively find us on any one of your favorite social media platforms.